- 30.6 million working days are lost due to musculoskeletal disorders
Good musculoskeletal (MSK) health is integral to a full working life. It supports us with functional mobility and dexterity, balance and co-ordination, and contributes to muscular strength and endurance; essential to nearly all forms of work. It also enables us to stay physically and mentally fit and reduce the occurrence of other health problems.
This toolkit is part of a suite of four documents developed in association with Public Health England, freely available and relevant to all employers, irrespective of your size, sector or familiarity with the subject. The toolkits are designed to help employers take positive actions to build a culture that champions good mental and physical health and provide a greater understanding of how to help those who need more support. For larger organisations, the toolkits are also useful resources to share with businesses in your supply chain and across your network. Designed to be easy to navigate, written directly for a business audience and are supported by insights, quotes and case studies from a range of employers.
The Musculoskeletal Health Toolkit offers practical guidance on how employers can work to minimise the impact of poor musculoskeletal health and to minimise the number of absence days taken.
Learn more about the four documents:
- The mental health toolkit for employers is our flagship publication and helps employers pick out the most valuable resources relating to mental health and develop an approach to a health workplace that really works.
- Musculoskeletal health in the workplace: a toolkit for employers provides practical advice for employers regarding employee musculoskeletal health and reducing workplace absence (content developed in consultation with ARMA).
- Reducing the risk of suicide: a preventative toolkit for employers provides support and advice on how to incorporate suicide prevention into an employer’s workplace health and wellbeing framework (content developed in partnership with Samaritans).
- Crisis management in the event of a suicide: a postvention toolkit for employers offers practical advice for employers to follow in the aftermath of an employee suicide (content developed in partnership with Samaritans).